Thursday 21 June 2012

Keu! Vietnamese Sandwiches in London

I had heard people talking about Vietnamese sandwiches, and had tried it a couple of times and I must say I wasn't crazy about it. That is until Anissa took me to a small Vietnamese place near her flat in Old Street. These sandwiches are actually called Banh Mi, and what makes the ones at Keu so delicious is the bread: Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. Their classic Banh Mi is composed of baguette filled with spiced pork belly, ham terrine and chicken liver pate, and is amazing. I also tried some of the one stuffed with the spicy roast duck. This is the perfect place for a quick meal, and if you are not hungry (shame on you), you can have a glass of their freshly squeezed orange juice or their delicious Vietnamese coffee.




Classic Banh Mi

Crispy duck

332 Old Street, London EC1V 9DR

1 comment:

  1. I'm so impressed that you've managed to keep your blog posted so much, and always with delicious new venues to make us caved people, wonder about how it's like to go out once in a while, other than to get trashed in a city that sleeps at 3 am. Love it !

    ReplyDelete