Tuesday 21 February 2012

Weekend in Madrid

Plaza Mayor


This weekend I made my way for the first time to Madrid. I really didn't know what to expect but I can say that I fell in love with this amazing city. One of the things I was excited about was the food of course, and the famous Spanish Tapas. The weather was amazing, sunny and hot. I found the 'Madrilenos' to be amazing people, they are extremely friendly and really made an effort to understand my embarrassing efforts to speak Spanish. While walking around the city I found a few "Museo del Jamon', which literally means 'Ham Museum'; this was my paradise. An entire store selling exclusively pork products, and sandwiches stuffed with any kind of ham you could possibly imagine.
I loved the Spanish lifestyle, people were so relaxed during the day, and so active at night, it was really amazing. Pan y Tomate for breakfast, Jamon sandwich for lunch, Patatas Bravas for dinner, and the warmth of the sun on my face made this weekend a truly memorable one. I will definitely make my way back to Madrid!

Croquetas y Patatas Bravas 

Amazing Tapas Bar/Cervezeria in Plaza del Tirso de Molina



Amazing night-life

No comments:

Post a Comment